THIS SITE AND RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE WILL INDICATE YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROMPTLY EXIT THIS SITE.
1. Restrictions on Use and Ownership. All services provided through this Web site and all pages and information within this Web site and any material made available for download (collectively the “Site”) are the property of EnergyPal ("EnergyPal", "us", "we")
The contents of the Site, including the text, images, audio, and video, are copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of EnergyPal, except that you may download content from the Site to any single computer for your personal, non-commercial (except with regard to your use of inherent functionality provided through the Site) use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices and comply with any applicable end user license agreements. For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, any use of these materials on any other Web site or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
All trademarks, service marks, icons, and logos used in this Site are the trademarks, service marks or logos of EnergyPal or their respective owners.
You may not use automated systems (e.g., robots, spiders, etc.) to access the Site. You agree not to collect personally identifiable information of other users of the Site or to sell or otherwise exploit that information.
Any rights not expressly granted by these Terms and Conditions or any applicable end user license agreements are reserved by EnergyPal and/or its vendors and licensors.
We may, in our sole discretion and without prior notice, modify the Site, remove or alter functionality, or cease provision of the Site at any time.
2. Copies of These Terms and Conditions; Updates. You may print a copy of these Terms and Conditions using the print button or feature in your browser. We suggest retaining a copy for your future reference. You should be aware, however, that we may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time, and by your continued use of the Site agree to be bound by future revisions. It is your responsibility to periodically visit the “Terms and Conditions” link at the bottom of our home page to review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions. You may use your browser to print copies of any updated Terms and Conditions.
3. Restrictions. You may not and will not allow any third party to, (i) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive the trade secrets embodied in the Site, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law; (ii) use the Site to develop a competing product or service; (iii) use the Site for any purpose for which it was not designed or inconsistent with any online documentation we provide; and (iv) remove any copyright, trademark, proprietary rights, disclaimer, or warning notice included on or embedded in any part of the Site, or any other products or materials made available through the Site.
4. Limited Access Areas of the Site; Registration; Fees. Certain areas of the Site require registration, establishment of an account, and the use of a username and password to access. You may also be required to accept certain addition terms of service and pay certain fees for access to those areas. All fees are exclusive of applicable sales, use, excise, and similar taxes. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any terms provided with your registration, the registration terms will govern. By registering, you represent and warrant (a) that you are 18 years of age or over, (b) if you are registering on behalf of your employer, you are authorized to bind your employer to these Terms and Conditions; and (c) the registration information you provide is current, complete, and accurate. You are responsible for updating the registration information to ensure it continues to be current, complete, and accurate. EnergyPal may accept or reject registration requests for the Site in EnergyPal’s sole discretion and may revoke registration and accounts at any time, without cause or prior notice. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and all activities conducted using your username and password. You will notify EnergyPal immediately of any unauthorized use of your username or password and that you will, for security reasons, make sure that you exit from any activities on the Site at the end of each of your uses of the Site.
5. Your License to Us. You grant us a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free license to use the documents, information, graphics, data, content, and other materials uploaded by you to the Site (the "Content") "Aggregated Data")
6. Your Obligations. You represent and warrant that you have all right, title, and interest necessary to post your Content to the Site and grant the rights provided above. You will not provide any Content that (i) violates the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other rights of any individual or entity; (ii) is defamatory, obscene, threatening, harassing, or offensive; or (iii) violates any law, regulation, or rule. EnergyPal may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas of the Site where user Content may be made available, including, but not limited to, chat rooms, discussion areas, bulletin boards, and other user forums. EnergyPal, however, will have no liability related to the Content or your access to or use of any other user’s Content, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, defamation, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. EnergyPal retains the right to remove, in its sole discretion, without notice, Content that includes any material deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene, illegal, or otherwise inappropriate.
7. Feedback. You may provide suggestions, comments or other feedback (collectively, "Feedback")
8. Your Indemnity. At EnergyPal’s option and request, you will, at your own expense, indemnify, defend, and hold EnergyPal and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, co-branders, suppliers, or associates harmless from and against any losses, costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expert costs), arising out of your use of the Site or related to a third-party claim, action or allegation (a) related in any way to a transaction or dispute between you and any third party, (b) based on or caused by unauthorized access to the Site through your account, (c) based on your actual or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions, (d) based on your violation of any applicable law or regulation of any jurisdiction, or (e) arising out of your Content. You may not enter into a settlement or stipulated judgment of the foregoing without EnergyPal's prior written consent.
9. Acceptable Use. You may not use the Site to:
10. Infringement Notices. As provided in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, we have designated the following individual for notification of potential copyright infringement regarding the Site:
8005 Financial Dr, Suite 323
Brampton, ON, L6Y6A1
Telephone: +1 800 990 dash 3725
If you believe content available through the Site infringes a copyright, please provide the following information to the person identified above (17 U.S.C. § 512):
12. Warranty Disclaimer. THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, AND TITLE/NONINFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND HYPERLINKED WEB SITES. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY ENERGYPAL OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
13. Healthcare Disclaimer. The Site and EnergyPal do NOT provide medical advice or diagnosis. Use of the Site does not create a physician-patient relationship between you and EnergyPal. EnergyPal will not be liable for any injuries or medical malpractice and or claims for remuneration associated with any form of damages, foreseen or unforeseen, incurred by your visit to, or contact with the Site. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness and validity of the information provided through the Site.
14. Limitation of Liability. ENERGYPAL AND ITS AFFILIATES, VENDORS, LICENSORS, AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE, AND/OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR HYPERLINKED WEB SITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Accuracy and Integrity of Information. Although EnergyPal attempts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Site, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. It is possible that the Site could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform EnergyPal so that it can be corrected. Information contained on the Site may be changed or updated without notice.
16. Links or Pointers to Other Sites. EnergyPal makes no representations whatsoever about any other Web site that you may access through this Site. When you access a non-EnergyPal site, please understand that it is independent from EnergyPal, and that EnergyPal has no control over the content on that Web site. In addition, a hyperlink to a non-EnergyPal Web site does not mean that EnergyPal endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of the linked site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
17. Export, Import And Other Regulations. You assume all responsibility for compliance with all laws and regulations of the United States and any other country from which you may access the Site regarding access, use, export, re-export and/or import of any Site content. You acknowledge and agree that you will not export or import any Site content to any country to which export or import is restricted under United States law, that you are not a national of any such country, and that the Site content will not be used in the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
18. Choice of Law; Venue. These Terms and Conditions are entered into in the State of California and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, exclusive of its choice of law rules. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under, out of, in connection with or in relation to the Site or these Terms and Conditions will be resolved in Los Angeles, California. In the event that any of the Terms and Conditions are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
19. Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions, as may be amended from time-to-time by EnergyPal, constitute the entire agreement between EnergyPal and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages within this Site.