EnergyPal Home Solar Guide
Do You Have Questions About Home Solar Products, Prices and Processes?
You'll find the answers here. This guide on home solar power covers a wide range of topics, including how solar products function, the requirements for installation and operation, and the economic and practical aspects of undertaking a solar project.
Solar systems offer a variety of benefits to residential homeowners. For the millions of homeowners that have already gone solar the benefits are obvious. You can save money on your electricity bills, reduce your reliance on the grid and achieve energy security when pairing solar with batteries.
- Home Solar System: Costs and efficiency are influenced by your home location, utility, choice of components, energy usage and financing option.
- Solar Panels: Panel types impact your system's performance and cost. Black solar panels are made up of monocrystalline solar cells, and blue solar panels are made up of polycrystalline solar cells.
- Battery Storage: Provides benefits such as energy security during grid failures and potential savings through time of use rate arbitrage.
- Going Solar: Solar energy can lead to bill savings, contribute to sustainability, enhance energy security, and increase property value. A typical cost per watt is between $2.50-$3.50.
- Economics of Solar Energy: Understanding your electric bill, net metering, and available incentives can optimize your savings.
- Financing Options: Explore options like cash purchases, solar loans, solar leases, and power purchase agreements to finance your solar system.
- Solar Project Viability: Property type, roof conditions, and local climate impact the feasibility and productivity of a solar system. This is an important and deciding factor in home solar.
- Calculating Solar Production: Aids in estimating potential savings and system effectiveness.
What’s In This Solar Guide?
Why Go Solar?
Explore the reasons why you should consider embracing solar power for your home.
What Components Make Up A Solar System?
A closer look at the important components that make up a solar system.
Learn about panel types and search our online database.
Battery Storage Products
Home batteries, their components, and popular manufacturers.
Steps to Install a Home Solar System
Understand the typical steps involved in a home solar panel installation.
Economics of Home Solar
Learn about utility bills, net metering and other incentives.
Purchase & Financing Options
Learn about options to finance your home solar system.
What Affects Solar Project Viability?
Discover factors that can affect a solar project.
Calculating Solar Production
Key questions and things to know.
Choosing the Right Solar System for Your Home
Factors to consider when going solar.
Finding The Right Installer
Know what to look for when choosing an installer.
Getting Started With Home Solar
Take the first steps towards adopting solar power for your home and reap its benefits.